Whether you are cruising, fishing or working, the 30 hp EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) 4-stroke outboard will meet your needs. We are the first to offer a battery-less EFI system that provides quick throttle response and very smooth rides on the water. Now available in a second color option, Beluga White, allowing boaters to choose which engine color best fits their boat.
The upper and lower motor cover features a more modern look, and easier access to regular maintenance items. Plus, the multi-function tiller handle comes standard on all 30 hp tiller models with electric start. This tiller includes all controls conveniently located on the handle for easy access giving you more control, better maneuverability and increased safety.
When you need compact power, the 30hp four stroke has exactly what you need.
Tohatsu 30 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Sleek design with two color options: Aqua Marine Blue (MFS30C) and Beluga White (MFS30CW)
- Designed with proven technology
- Advanced cross-flow induction for smooth operation
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Larger capacity oil reservoir for optimum lubrication
- Tuned intake system for crisp takeoffs
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Lower gear ratio from 1.92:1 to 2.17:1 gives you better low end torque and the ability to turn a higher pitch prop for better top end performance
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- The boating industry's first battery-free, manual start EFI 4-stroke
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Front mounted shift lever for easier operation
- Shallow water drive, 6 tilt positions*
- Power trim and tilt*
- Remote control**
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Redesigned upper and lower motor cover for a more modern look and easier access to regular maintenance items
- Built in fresh water flush system on lower motor cover for easy access
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
Warning and Protection
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Low oil pressure warning (audible)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models.
The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
Engine Control Unit (ECU)
The 16 bit ECU precisely controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for 4-stroke engines.
Battery-Less Electronic Fuel Injection
The 30hp and 25hp now have the industry's first battery-less electronically controlled fuel injection that provides quick throttle response, excellent fuel economy, and very smooth rides on the water.
Tuned Intake Manifold
The tuned intake manifold provides increased low & mid speed torque and quieter operation.
The tubular structure of the air-intake, originally developed by Tohatsu, helps to take in necessary airflow to the engine while preventing water from entering into the motor cover.
Built-in freshwater flushing system
Standard built-in freshwater flushing system simplifies routine engine flushing.