The Tohatsu 5 hp 4-stroke gives you that peace of mind you need when purchasing an outboard. With Tohatsu’s excellence in engineering, you can be assured that you are choosing an engine that will be with you for years to come.
The 5 hp features a front mounted gear shift lever, an industry first in its class, and with ultra-low emissions and exceptional fuel economy this little 5hp 4-stroke is cleaner burning while also keeping your cost at the gas pump down.
Tohatsu 5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
- Newly designed holding grip and larger carrying handle
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter